Prepare time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Serves: 3 servings
1) 1 tbsp olive oil, 115g salt reduced bacon diced, ¼ tsp hot red pepper flakes (can be substitute with 2 tsp freshly minced garlic);
2) 375g (2 medium size ) tomatoes, 1/4 red onion (150g) peeled and chopped;
3) 2/3 tsp salt, 1/6 tsp ground black pepper;
4) Whole wheat or regular spaghetti or other pasta (240g), 1 tsp salt, 2 tsp olive oil;
5) 3tbs parmesan cheese, ½ cup freshly chopped parsley.
1: Put tomatoes in boiling water for 1 to 2 minutes, rinse them with cold water. Peel the skin and chop into small pieces. In a non-stick deep sauté pan on high heat, sauté diced bacon with 1 tablespoons olive oil for 2-3minutes (Picture 1) until the bacon fat runs and bacon is light brown (Picture 2).
2: Reduce to medium heat, add red pepper flakes, sauté for 30 seconds, then add chopped onion cook until transparent (Picture3). Then add diced tomatoes and all ingredient of Ingredient 3) (Picture 4), cover, and cook over low heat for 10 minutes (Picture 5).
3: When sauce is cooking, in a medium sauce pot, add 6 cup water, 1 tsp salt and 2 tsp oil bring to boil, cook pasta over medium heat for 10 minutes (Picture 6) and drain well.
4: When ready to serve, stir the sauce into the freshly cooked pasta (picture 7), and mix in 3tbs parmesan cheese and ½ cup freshly chopped parsley (Picture 8).