【Stir-Fried Eggplant with Chinese Sausage】
My friend’s parents recently came from Szechuan, a Chinese province known for its hot and spicy food. They gave me some of their homemade Szechuan sausages. I made a nice combination dish of eggplant and sausage. This mildly spicy dish goes well with rice.
In order to avoid the traditional way of deep frying the eggplant, I used Gastrolux non-stick cookware to sauté the eggplant with just a little olive oil for better and healthy cooking. The result is excellent.
Prepare time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Serves: 6 servings
1) 4 Chinese eggplants (470g);
2) 1 Szechuan sausage;
3) 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp freshly chopped green onion, 1 tsp freshly minced garlic, 1 tsp sliced ginger;
4) ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp thirteen-scented-spice powder or ground white pepper, 1 tsp sugar,;
5) 1 tbsp Yummy House soy sauce, ¼ tsp chicken broth mix;
6) 1 tsp sesame oil, 1 tsp freshly chopped green onion.
1: Cut the sausage into thin slices (Picture 2). Remove stem of the eggplant, rinse and cut into small pieces. Soak eggplant in salted water until ready to cook (Picture 1). Soaking will remove the bitterness and prevent eggplant from soaking up all that oil.
2: Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a non-stick sauté pan over medium-high heat. Sauté green onion, minced garlic and sliced ginger of Ingredient 2) for one minute (Picture 3). Add sausage slices, and sauté for another minute (Picture 4).
4: Add all ingredients of Ingredient 5), and stir to mix well.
5: Add sesame oil and chopped green onion of Ingredient 6). Stir a few times then transfer to a serving plate.