【Mother dough bread】
This bread is started with mother dough and has distinct wheat fragrant. It is very soft and delicious, a must try recipe.
Prepare time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Stand time: 6 hours.
Yield: 16 servings
1) Sliced almonds 160g;
2) 35g maltose, 40 sugar, 1 tbsp water, ¼ tsp salt;
3) 15g roasted white sesame seeds.
1) 1.5 cups unsifted all purpose flour (240g), 1.5 tbsp wheat gluten (14g), 2 tsp fast rising yeast, 2 tbsp sugar (32g), 3/4cup+1 tbsp warm water;
2) 6 tbsp water (90g), 1 extra large egg white (42g);
3) 1/3 cup sugar (70g), 3 tbsp instant milk powder (16g), 1.5 cups unsifted all purpose flour (240g), 1.5 tbsp (14g) wheat gluten, ¼ tsp salt;
4) 3 tbsp butter (45g), melted;
5) 1/3 cup raisins or dry cranberries;
6) 1 egg yolk, 2 tsp water, whisk into an egg wash;
7) 22×32 cm baking dish.
1: Place all dry ingredients of Ingredient 1) in a bowl (Picture 1), mix well. Add 175g water (Picture 2), mix with a pair of chopsticks or fork to form dough (Picture 3). Cover the dough and leave in a warm place for 2 hours until form large holes in the dough (Picture 4).
2: Transfer the mother dough inside the bread machine , then add all ingredients in Ingredient 2) and 3)(Picture 5). Select “Dough” and start program. When the stirring begins, open the lid and quickly add 3 tbsp soften butter. Close the lid and let the program continue until finish. The entire process takes about 2 hours.
3: When the dough doubles in volume (Picture 6), gently knead a few times on a floured surface. Divide it into eight equal portions and form logs (Picture 7). Roll each portion into a 20-cm long oval (Picture 8), arrange 12 raisins or cranberries on it (Picture 8). Roll it up into a roll, cut each roll in half (Picture 9).
4: Arrange all the rolls evenly in a 22×32 cm baking dish sprayed with Pam (Picture 10). Leave them in a warm place until double in size.
5: Preheat oven at 350F. Brush on a thin layer of egg wash to create a glazed look (Picture 11). Bake for 20 minutes until surface turns golden brown (Picture 12). Remove from oven, cool for a few minutes before serving.
Store breads in airtight container, warm about 15 seconds in a microwave oven before serving.