A perfect party dish for for your holiday get-together.
Prepare time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 65 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
1) 1 pound pecan halves (454g);
2) 1 egg white, 1 tablespoon vanilla extract;
3) 1/4 cup white sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/3 tsp salt, 1/2~2/3 tsp ground cinnamon.
1. Preheat oven to 255F /125C. Line a 13×18 in baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Beat egg white and vanilla extract in a medium bowl (Picture 1) for 1 minute using a hand mixer until frothy (Picture 2). .
3. Add pecans in the egg white mixture (Picture 3). Toss with a wooden spoon to coat all pecan pieces.
4. Mix sugar, salt and cinnamon together in a small bowl (Picture 4-5). Sprinkle a quarter of the sugar mixture over pecans (Picture 6), and toss several times. Repeat until all pecans are evenly coated.
5. Spread pecans onto the large baking sheet (Picture 7). Bake at 255F /125C for 65-70 minutes. Stir with a wooden spoon every 30 minutes to separate pieces that stick together.
6. Set aside to cool for 1-2 hours. Store in airtight containers in fridge.